Saturday, March 01, 2014

Not in My Back Yard Suckers (NIMBYS)

by Paul Nachbar


---musings of hyperadvanced alien life form "administrator/bouncer/cop.soldier'" who prefers to be nameless, from remote viewing location currently inaccessible by anticipated scientific
evolution

First Sampling

"Too smart, too dumb
Too slow, too quick:
Their agitations
Make me sick.
Because their ways
Make me feel sick
I'll just write down
That they are sick
Or else since they
Don't follow rules
That they taught
In all OUR schools
I will write down here
"Immature"
Or "evil" "sinful"
And "impure"
Perhaps or
Too damned different
I think that we
Should throw them
Out, who cares
About these odd men out?
Not anyone that
I can see:
Hence they 'deserved'
This misery:
We now drift
Into fantasy"

Second Sampling

"I see now
That all their history
Is never a big mystery
Death clashes
Between rich and poor
And nations
Genders, classes races:
When the victory is sure
They erase all of
Their victim's traces.
Thus one sees
In the smallest stuff
The causes of the
Largest stuff.
I really wish to
Remain fair
Its not that
I do not quite care
I just think
I dislike these
Folks and wish
That they would
Move elsewhere:
They all tend
To get in my hair"

Ultimate Solution for Earth (?)

"No. problems
They can never solve
And problems
They will surely spread
Long past the
Youngest ones of them
Alive are long since
Buried, long since dead.
It makes me sad
To think such stuff
It makes me mad
To think such stuff
Perhaps those tapes
Must be erased
Before they poison
Every trace
Of values in their
Galaxy, small
Corner of their
Universe
Small section
Of our multiverse
But there is time
I can delay
Decisions for
Another day
Before i do
Empathy discard
For such vile folks
The basic rule
No more no less
Of nasty stuff
(no need for us to quite obsess)
In every school
Both soft and hard
Re: nasty stuff is
"Not in my back yard"


No comments: