Thursday, March 20, 2014

Buena Vista Enigma

by Thomas Hally

What a great view from my table in the Buena Vista
not much to see now in this historic cafe but an Old Englishman
and his ugly sista'... maybe the cable car...?

La gente drinks and makes loud noises strange odd
sounds abound around here and around there
with cocktails and beers and shots being given the
bottoms up a brindis with their Irish coffees and Guinesses
over there and all are guzzled they are while the dogs
at the Fillmore and in the Mission are silently muzzled they are.

"The crab cakes were delicious, thank you, and yes,
quite a bargain at 2 for only $14! I will pass on dessert
(ironically stated), thanks!
You see, I am on a diet (embarrassed)".

So, life goes on and the story of my life is getting long
and continues to be the story of my life -- it plagues me!
Do you know what it is that bothers me? Wanna' guess?

(Truth is I don't know and could care less).

Mostly fat people congregating and milling around
as I watch them contemplating the Hyde and Powell Street Cable Cars
trundling to and fro' from hither, thither and yon
down the hill and up again quite a dizzying trek.

"I have changed my mind. I will have..."

No comments: