Monday, June 19, 2006

ChiaStang

by Karyn Huntting Peters

It's warm here, sunny. I like how my trees are growing in the back yard. I watch them from my office window. I remember how gingerly I stuffed the 6-8' sprouts into my Mustang five or six years ago. Four of them at a time. Problem is that you can't get the dang doors closed that way. I crammed in what I could (so much for ginger) and let the rest hang out the open windows. Wish I had a pic of what my car looked like from the back. ChiaStang.

I was the only one on the street that hadn't planted trees yet. I was still working on gettng grass to grow. Don't ever let anyone tell you that building and being left with what is known as an "unfinished" yard is easier than bartering over an already-built house and having to rip out a few gauche, lanky rhodies.

The pears trees are finally starting to bear fruit. And the pears are really good. Bartlett. Then when the Bartletts start to dwindle, the other half of the tree starts spewing forth some other kind. I didn't know that I bought a freaky tree until it started bearing fruit. But I like it.

Then therer's the Shasta Daisy bush I planted in front in the little garden area in front of the porch. Things are sprouting out like there's no tomorrow. I'll have to pull out the digital and take a few pics.

Seize the daisies, baby. Seize the daisies.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seize the daisies - lol!